We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who collects the information?
Peter Andrew Marshall and Zoe Marshall trading as Newton Printing Services, uses and is responsible for personal information about you. When gathering and using your personal information we will comply with the data protection principles under data protection legislation.
Personal information we collect and use
What information and how we collect the information
In the course of us providing you with our services we will collect personal information from you. The information collected will depend upon the services provided but will typically include your name, address and contact details. Where we are providing copying services the information collected will be that which you have asked us to copy.
We may collect personal information from you directly or in some circumstances through third party sources including by email, internet, telephone and voicemail.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services and to facilitate the sale of stationary and other products you wish to purchase from us.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why?
In most circumstances we need to collect and process your personal information (i.e. name and contact details) to provide you with our services.
Who we share your personal information with
We may need to share some of your personal information with other parties, such as external service providers and our professional advisors (i.e. accountants and legal advisors). The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information as required to comply with the law.
How long your personal information will be kept?
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the information is processed. This will vary depending on the services/goods we are providing but will typically mean we will keep your information until our contract with you ends, unless the information is still required to comply with a legal obligation or for the purpose of our legitimate interests or those of a third party (see further below – reasons we can collect….).
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We will typically collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for the performance of our contract with you, or to take steps to enter such a contract
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and/or
- for the purpose of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, but only if these are not overridden by your interests. Our legitimate interests are (amongst other things) the need to provide you with a high quality service.
In some circumstances, we may rely upon your consent to process personal information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us; and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please call us on 01652 634664 or send an email to email@example.com or write to us at:
9 Market Lane